Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bruce Springsteen - Reason To Beleive

What's up interweb. Sorry for the lack of content here the last few day, but i've been super busy. JUST KIDDING, I'VE HAD NOTHING TO DO. At all. I'm getting some albums together for some reviews, but my music life hasn't been all that blogable recently. Upon coming to this realization this morning, I had an idea. One of my better one's really. I am going to add a song on here everyday I can. It's not going to have any rhyme or reason to it. I'm just going to throw something on here everyday. It's a great chance for me to feature some smaller artists that don't have enough material for me to really talk about em', as well as stuff that I generally enjoy. So, let's start with a classic. "Reason to Believe" is off of Bruce's incredible Nebraska. Just about every song on the album is remarkable, but this one stands out, to me, as the best. There's something amazing about the way he connects dead dogs, unreliable love, and holy sacrament all in three minutes. I don't know anyone else with that type of songwriting ability.



Wellllllll, I've got a nifty little announcement to make. Starting this weekend, you can tune in to WUTK 90.3 The Rock, Saturdays from 1-3 to hear me and a guy I've yet to meet spit da hawtest trax in da hol citee. For realz. I'm a dj. I'm really excited, it being the only radio station worth a damn in Knox-vegas. What's that? You can't reach it because it broadcast's so exclusively in Knoxville? Have no fear, Andy is here. If you will scoot over to wutkradio.com, you'll find instructions on how to listen over the web. If you do not, I will come to your house and play a mixtape of White Snake, Lionell Richie and Insane Clown Posse in your face, while you sleep. What now, ninjas.

Last of all, I've got some pretty great shows in my sights this week. I'm going to catch my friend Josh Manis (You Just Don't) at the Pilot Light Thursday at 10. Later this weekend, me and my Roo'mate Jake are going to catch The Smith Westerns with Yuk and Cool Runnings, also at the Pilot Light at 10. Three cheers for super indie! Hip hip ho-meh. Hip-hip ho-obscure. Hip hip ho-flanel and bikes. Looking on down the line I'm going to really try to get Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings followed by Ryan Bingham followed by Sleigh Bells in Asheville. We'll see, those are close to summer.

Welp, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment