Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No Sleep November

I've been thinking about my future occupation a lot recently and I've come to learn that I want to be a music journalist for many reasons, but none of them as much as my absolute love for live shows. Concerts are the greatest things in my life. I love the hype leading up to a show. I love the energy a good band projects through their sets. I love being a part of an audience that is fully engaged on what is being shown and played for them. They are some of the best times I have ever had in life.

Having thrown that out there, I AM GOING TO SOO MANY FRICKIN SHOWS IN NOVEMBER.

It all kicks off this weekend with Moogfest. What's Moogfest?Why, it's a smorgasbord of the finest the electronic music realm currently has to offer. If you read any of my Bonnaroo stuff, you know that I'm obsessed with scheduling the perfect track of shows so here's this one.

If all goes right, Friday I will see...

  • Dan Deacon
  • The Octopus Project/Kuroma
  • Big Boi
  • MGMT
  • Van Dykes Parks/Papertiger
  • Girl Talk

Saturday...

  • Nosaj Thing/Mountain Man/Project Moog
  • Caribou
  • Jonsi
  • Alex B
  • Massive Attack
  • Four Tet/Shpongle
Sunday...

  • Shout Out Out Out
  • Sleigh Bells
  • Neon Indian
  • Hot Chip
  • Dam-Funk/Dark Party/Marty Party
I am going by myself, so be sure that I will be awkwardly dancing in the corner all nights long.

Later into the actual month i take a turn for the folk with Mumford and Sons and The Punch Brothers. I think this will be my 5th time seeing Chris Thile, and every single show has been just a bit better than the last. I don't see him topping his awesome show at 'Roo, but you never know. Usually the more whiskey on stage, the better he plays, so let's hope he feels like drinkin'.

Until then, UT is going to slowly chip away at my sanity. I'll let you know all about it when it's gone.

Here's some Thile to hold in all of your sure-fire excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment